Blueberry Cream Muffins
- 2 c (240g) whole wheat pastry or gluten-free* flour(measured correctly)
- 3/4 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 c (120ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 c (120g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c (120ml) nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 c (210g) frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degress C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup suggar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To make crumb topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minute in the prehead oven, or until done.